I sure hope the stuffy VP, turned eco-rock-star is feeling his oats today. Who could have predicted that Al would actually win the coveted Nobel Peace Prize?
Let’s look at the Gore plan for success:
- Set up camcorder in basement
- Record yourself giving lecture
- Market lecture video as “a movie”
- Become jet-setting movie star
- Win Nobel Prize
The truly sad part beyond winning a Nobel Peace Prize for self making a lecture movie, are the high number of inaccuracies contain in his work. The following excerpt is from The New Party web site (a liberal UK party).
- The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Governmentâ€™s expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.
- The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years. The Court found that the film was misleading: over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.
- The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming. The Governmentâ€™s expert had to accept that it was â€œnot possibleâ€ to attribute one-off events to global warming.
- The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming. The Governmentâ€™s expert had to accept that this was not the case.
- The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice. It turned out that Mr Gore had misread the study: in fact four polar bears drowned and this was because of a particularly violent storm.
- The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream throwing Europe into an ice age: the Claimantâ€™s evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.
- The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching. The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.
- The film suggests that sea levels could rise by 7m causing the displacement of millions of people. In fact the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40cm over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.
- The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand. The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim.
Perhaps he should re-title his work Some Inconvenient Lies.