Acer took the wraps off a rumored affordable thin and light tablet in Italy today. Using the latest Intel ULV chips (which bridge the gap between netbooks and notebooks), the device will offer good performance and battery life. No word on the US release date just yet.
And unlike previous tablets aimed at executives and hospitals that costs thousands of dollars the Acer will only cost hundreds. Cheap, portable, and powerful. What else could you want in a tablet?
Technical specifications Acer Aspire 1820PT
* Premium OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 (3MB L2 cache, 1.20GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10W)
* Memory: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz
* Hard disk: 250GB or 320GB
* Display: 11.6 inch HD 1366 x 768 (WXGA) pixels or 11.6-inch SD 1024 x 600 (WSVGA) pixels, LED-backlit, 200nits, multitouch
* Graphics: Intel GMA X4500M HD
* Audio: Dolby Sound Room
* Networking: Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g WiFi Link 5100, UMTS / HSPA, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
* Interfaces: 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, HDMI, audio jacks, multi card reader
* Dimensions: 11.2″ x 8.2″ x 1.12-1.36″
* Weight: 3.8lbs
* Warranty: 1 year